Fusilli Pasta In Red Sauce



Fusilli pasta is one of the varieties of pasta. Red sauce is a sweet and tangy  tomato based sauce. Cooked pasta are further cooked in this red sauce.

I never liked pasta and such dishes. Once my husband and myself had been to the Barbeque Nations, there I tried pasta with white sauce and I developed a liking for pasta thereafter. Pasta was prepared in front of my eyes, which made me learn the proper way of making it. Later I tried pasta in red sauce at another multi-cuisine restaurant and I loved that too....

Now, pasta is prepared at least once a month at home and enjoyed, here goes my recipe.

Measurement: 1 Cup = 180 ml
Serves: 

Ingredients:
  1. Fusilli pasta - 2 1/2 cups
  2. Ripe Tomatoes (blanched and peeled) - 3 large
  3. Onion (diced)- 1 medium
  4. Capsicum (diced) - 1 medium
  5. Carrot (peeled, diced & steamed) - 1 medium
  6. Garlic (crushed) - 3 cloves
  7. Tomato ketchup - 3 tbsp
  8. Fresh Cream - 2 tbsp (optional)
  9. Olive oil /refined oil - 2 tsp
  10. Butter - 1 tsp
  11. Mixed herbs or Oregano - 1 tsp
  12. Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
  13. Sugar - 3/4 tsp
  14. Processed cheese (grated) - 2 cubes or more as per your requirement
  15. Chilly flakes - 3/4 tsp for garnishing
  16. Salt to taste
Procedure:
  • Cook pasta as per the package instructions.
  • Puree the tomatoes.
  • Heat oil in a pan, add butter to it.
  • Add onion, stir fry till translucent.
  • Add garlic, pepper powder and 1/2 tsp mixed herbs.
  • Add capsicum and stir fry for a minute.
  • Sprinkle little salt.
  • Add tomato puree and tomato ketchup. Simmer for 5 min.
  • Add fresh cream and half of the cheese, stir well.
  • Add salt and sugar.
  • Add boiled carrot and cooked pasta and mix well.
  • Garnish with remaining cheese and sprinkle chilly flakes.
  • Serve hot.

Comments