Batatyachya Kachrya



Batatyachya Kachrya is stir fried sliced potatoes. It is a simple dry veg prepared in Maharashtrian style. It can be served with chapati or dal and rice.

I remember having this dish at my Dad's friend's place. I really loved it with hot and soft chapatis. I learnt lots of Maharashtrian dishes at their place, as I visited them over the weekends while I was staying as a paying guest in Pune. 

Serves: 2

Ingredients:
  1. Potatoes (peeled & sliced) - 4 medium
  2. Mustard seeds - 1/3 tsp
  3. Cumin seeds - 1/3 tsp
  4. Hing - 1/3 tsp
  5. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
  6. Red chilly powder - 1/3 tsp
  7. Oil - 2 tbsp
  8. Salt to taste
Procedure:
  • Heat oil in a kadai.
  • Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
  • Put off the flame, add cumin seeds, hing and turmeric powder.
  • Put on the flame and add sliced potatoes, stir fry occasionally on low flame. (Use spatula)
  • When slightly done, add chilly powder and salt. Mix well.
  • Let it turn slightly golden brown and crisp.
  • Serve with chapati or as a side dish with dal and rice.
Tip:
  • You may add little garam masala or goda masala to it.
  • Do not cover while cooking.




Comments